At Jacob’s Well’s Transitional Housing Program accepts referrals from emergency shelters, psychiatric treatment facilities, DSS and others who serve the mentally ill.
To make a referral:
- First call 410-235-8877 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday to Friday to find out if there is an opening.
- If there is an opening, we will fax you a referral form.
- Fax back our referral form and our staff will set up an interview.
- Generally, 3 to 5 persons are interviewed for each opening. The process may take up to a week. You will be notified if your client has been accepted.
Please Note –
- Self-referrals and walk-ins are not accepted.
- At Jacob’s Well does not keep a waiting list.
Before calling to make a referral, please be prepared to discuss your client’s mental health history, current living situation and income. Also, please be certain that your client meets the following criteria:
- Has an appropriate history of chronic mental illness.
- Is homeless or is about to become homeless.
- Has low or no income.
Please be aware that active alcohol and substance abusers are not accepted. A minimum of clean time, as assessed on an individual basis, is required.
REFERRALS ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR AT JACOB’S WELL’S PERMANENT HOUSING PROGRAM